I've read quite a few pregnancy books over the last couple of weeks. And let me tell you - they gloss over the cramps, boob pain etc, but nothing really prepares you.
My breasts are sore. I can't lay on my side at night now because I'm so uncomfortable. Wearing a bra is restricting and painful (and trust me, I need a bra when I go out). I'm trying to rub anti-stretch mark cream in every day, but it's painful. I have to be very careful. No one really warned me about the amount of pain. LOL
Cramps are part and parcel of pregnancy. Since 5DPO or so, I've had cramps. Nothing too painful, but they're there. Mild cramps that sometimes disappear for a while but then they come back, to remind me that they're there. A few times, I have freaked out - one cramp felt so much like an AF cramp, I ran to the bathroom. Luckily, no blood, but the little cramps continue. The books don't tell you how much you'll cramp - mild or not.
CM or discharge. I get what Jenny McCarthy was talking about in her book, Belly Laughs. She said she describes the CM as Niagara Falls. I get it. I had a violent sneeze the other day which resulted in flooding in my pants. Lovely. Although, as long as it's not blood, I'll put up with it. But it's not comfortable and it's not nice.
Pregnancy glow? Uh-huh. I don't think so. I don't feel like I'm glowing (although a few friends have said I am). I've slowly noticed I'm regressing into a spotty teenager - which is quite painful for me because I was quite lucky to skip the embarrassment of teenage acne. I was blessed with only a few spots during my teen years. Apparently, karma's swinging around because I've noticed more and more spots. At first it started on my upper arms - annoying, but easily covered with sleeves. Now, I'm noticing more spots on my face; cheeks, chin, under my chin... And if you believe Old Wives' Tales, this is a sign of a girl - apparently a girl steals your beauty...
Fatigue is kicking my pregnant butt. I wake up and feel like I haven't slept all night (despite being passed out for 8 hours on the good nights when I don't need to pee during the night). I fall asleep in the afternoon (for once, so relieved I don't have a job!) - normally by about 1pm, I'm getting ready for a snooze fest. Yesterday, I had lunch with a friend, so my nap time was delayed. I fell asleep at about 3:30, watching something on TV. I woke up at 6:30 when Hubby got home from work. My eyes burned and I felt wiped out - yet I'd just been asleep. And yes, 3 hours is my norm, but believe me, my naps can last longer.
And don't think because of my nap, I'm up til all hours. Nope. By about 9pm, I'm yawning and wanting desperately to get into bed. But considering my doctor told me to wait 2 hours before going to bed after dinner, to ease heart burn, I find myself struggling to stay awake so that my food digests, or whatever it needs to do.
I've been living in my big baggy 'Hammer' pants and my leggings since I found out I was pregnant. I normally live in leggings anyway, so it's not a big difference. Yesterday though, I had lunch with a friend I haven't seen in months. I decided to put jeans on - a challenge. Next week, I know I won't be able to do them up. I managed to get them done up and threw on a big baggy t-shirt to cover my bloatedness and went for lunch. By the time I got home, I was almost crying to undo the jeans and get out of them. Guess they're going into a box that won't be opened until next year, probably. Ironically, a few days before I got my BFP, I went and brought a pair of my favourite designer jeans. Do they do up now? Nope. Yay.
But, I'd go through all of this tenfold for the pregnancy. I can't wait to see my bean grow and even more, I can't wait for my baby to be born. So, I'll take all of the above with a smile, because I know I'm getting the best gift of all. Even if I am complaining now, a little bit. ;)
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
The truth
Posted by Chels at 10:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment