So, today I had my first doctor's appointment.
We went through the normal procedure - weigh-in, check blood pressure, temperature and pulse. All good.
A few minutes later, the Doctor came to get me. We sat down and I explained the situation. She laughed when I told her I'd taken about 12 pregnancy tests - all with positive results. She said that there was no need for a blood test - 12 tests won't lie!
We then went through my medical history and family medical history. She asked if we have twins in the family, and I said Yes. She replies, "Well, we're going to have to do the blood test after all." What? She thinks there might be a high chance we'll have twins!!!
She checked my abdomen and all that stuff and booked me in for 2 weeks to do a vaginal ultrasound to hear the heartbeat (or heartbeats?). I went to give the blood and they said they'll ring me with my results.
She gave me a prescription for my Pre-natal vitamins, congratulated me and said she'd see me in 2 weeks.
I can't believe I get to hear my baby's heartbeat in 2 weeks! That's crazy to me! She said that she'll want to see me every 4 weeks during the first trimester, which is fine by me, because after that, we'll be moving to Australia.
I called my mum and told her the news. She said that her and my step-dad have a feeling I'll be having twins. I'm like, "nooo!" As adorable as twins are - this will be my first experience as a mother - I think twins will be hard work!
Regardless of if there's one bean or two in there, we're already loving the bean(s).
My heartburn has been bad all morning - I'm beginning to think that Gaviscon is going to become my new best friend!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Doctor's Orders
Posted by Chels at 1:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment