I'm 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant. And I'm finding that I'm exhausted. The last few days, when I nap during the day, it's interrupted - either by the phone or dogs. At night, I wake up at the drop of a pin. Everything wakes me up. And I'm often up during the night needing to pee. The dogs get me up early as well, and I let DH sleep til his alarm goes off, because he's always tired with his new job.
But, I had to tell him this weekend, I get to sleep in. I find that if I'm really tired, the cramps get amped up a little bit - nothing severe, but enough to know they're there and my body isn't happy with how tired I am. I'm also not eating as much as I was, but that's mainly because of the heartburn. It hurts when I eat so rather than not enjoy my food, I try to wait the heartburn out. My doctor told me to only take the heartburn tablets when I really need them, so I try not to take them every day.
Baby names have been running through my head. I've got some that are real favourites and others that I'm liking, but not loving yet. I've still got a few baby names' books to flick through, so nothing is definite yet, but I really think hubby and I have settled on a firm name if our sweet pea is a girl. (Which, I know she is LOL).
I thought that morning sickness was going to come full force this week, but it hasn't. I still get nauseous in the mornings, but I find that as long as I eat something and drink some ginger ale, it goes away. As long as it helps me not be hugging the toilet all the time, I'm good!
My step dad is here at the moment, staying with us, which I think has also disrupted my daily routines. He was supposed to arrive the other night at about 11pm, but he missed his flight. We didn't find that out until after midnight and I was peed off - we'd been waiting up for him to get to the house and he could have let us know as soon as he missed his flight. So, off we went to bed. At 5am, I got a text from my mother saying that he'd be arriving at 5am. So I laid in bed, trying not to let on to the dogs that I was awake but then the doorbell rang, so I had to get up to let him in. I couldn't be rude, so I sat up talking to him until he decided he was exhausted and wanted to go to bed. By that point, I was wide awake, so there was no going back to bed for me.
I love falling asleep on the sofa, with the TV on, but now that my step-dad's here, I take myself upstairs to the bedroom because I know with him traipsing in and out, he'll wake me up. It's bad enough that he's a door slammer - I heard him come in earlier when I was upstairs and the door was slammed. Yay.
Well, my stomach is telling me it's time to eat, so I'm off to stuff my face. :)
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Sleeplessness
Posted by Chels at 4:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment