Sunday, February 7, 2010

5 Weeks

Today marks 5 weeks pregnant. Woohoo!

Symptoms are pretty much the same - tired and hungry... But I did get a new one - sore boobs. OMG. I can't believe how sore they are. My mum laughed when I told her - she said the worst is yet to come. I've been rubbing anti-stretch mark cream onto my tummy but it's now being rubbed on the boobs as well...

I haven't had any cravings yet - just food in general. Although I was thinking of what to cook for dinner tonight and the thought of Apricot Chicken is making my mouth water, so as soon as I'm done with this post, I'm heading to the supermarket.

Tomorrow will mark one week until we hear the baby's heartbeat. I can't wait. Hubby has even managed to get the time off from work to come with me, which we're both super happy about. I think it'll make it more real to him, because right now there's no baby bump - just me moaning and groaning about aches, pains and hunger.

There's a lot I didn't know about pregnancy, until this pregnancy happened. I thought I knew a lot about it, but apparently, I don't. I kept freaking out when I felt a cramp or a twinge, but after reading a lot, it appears to be normal and as long as there's no real pain involved, it's OK. I'm trying to eat better because I don't want to be the size of a house - I'm proud of myself today. Breakfast was hot oats, lunch was Sheppard's Pie (that Hubby made last night for dinner) and a snack was popcorn. Now I'm hungry again, but I'll wait til I go to the supermarket to get something to snack on.

I can't wait til I start showing - I'm never good at keeping secrets (obviously, I am when it comes to other people, not so much when it comes to me.) And I know hubby wants to start telling more people too. I think we've decided that after the 8 week mark, we'll get our friends together and share the news. Hubby wants to get a cigar too - but I've made him hold off on that til we tell our friends. Anything to stop that smell being around me! LOL

I've noticed my mum has been telling more people now, but as long as they all keep their mouth's shut, it's OK. It's funny how a pregnancy can change relationships. My relationship with my mum had been a bit rocky for a while but the pregnancy has changed all that. There's no fighting or arguments now, it's all positive - which is such a good thing.

Anyway, I'm off to go get food for tonight.

0 comments: