Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Our baby is perfect.

Ok, so I know I'm crap. Sorry. But things have been happening... Things have been busy...

Right now, I'm 12 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I'm a week away from the 2nd trimester. I'm SO excited. At our 12 week ultrasound, we got to see our gorgeous baby... Gone is the blob that we saw at 8 weeks...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Our little baby is a kicker, we found out. Our Dr was practically begging baby to 'calm down' so that she could measure the heartbeat. LOL. Our baby was tossing and turning, kicking and stretching out and even put a thumb in the mouth!

I can't believe how in love I am with the baby, without ever seeing Sweet Pea (i mean, in the flesh). Hubby was with me at the appointment and when he saw Sweet Pea on the screen, all he could say was "Wow" with this huge grin on his face. We've stared at our ultrasound picture a million times and feel so unbelievably blessed to have such a healthy baby in there.

My sister-in-law got me the IntelliGender test. I should be getting it in a few days. I can't wait to take the test - I know it's not 100% accurate, but we're so excited. I've already done the Red Cabbage Test and I've got my mummies intuition that Sweet Pea is a girl, so we'll see! We've got another appointment at 16 weeks, so we're hoping baby will co-operate and let us know the sex, but we've also got a 3D ultrasound booked for 19 weeks. The more times I get to see baby, the better :)

Not long now til we leave to go to Australia. And we're ready. If it wasn't for the dogs, I'm pretty sure we'd already be gone by now. My mum has been back in hospital this week, so now, more than ever, I want to be there with her. I need to have a serious talk with her when she's feeling a bit better. I need her to realise that our baby needs her grandma and that my mum has to start listening to the Drs.

0 comments: