Thursday, March 18, 2010

Almost 11 Weeks

So, apparently I suck at blogging. I have no good reason or excuse. Just laziness. And like everything else in my life right now, I'm blaming the pregnancy hormones ;)

So, we're almost at 11 weeks. We're in the DOUBLE DIGITS. It's so exciting and so relieving that we're almost through with the first trimester. I was having a few anxious thoughts earlier in the week as I wasn't having as many pregnancy symptoms. I know they come and go, but I was still worried. Yesterday, I guess Sweet Pea wanted to assure me that all was well. I got up and let the dogs out. Sorted out their food. Made a coffee and sat down at the laptop. Normal morning.

I went to sort out the dishes and was about a quarter way through when out of no where, I threw up a little. I ran to the bathroom and then hugged the toilet as I threw up. Considering I hadn't eaten anything, all that really came out was bile (TMI). Lovely. I hate throwing up and tears ran down my face as I called out for hubby (who was still in bed). Being the big baby I am, once I was done hugging the toilet, I rang my mother. Yes, I'm 27 years old and I rang my mother at the first bout of morning sickness.

I didn't throw up again, but I felt off all day. My heartburn returned with a vengeance at about noon and I slept quite a lot. So far today, no throwing up has occurred, so I'm hoping it's a one off and not the start of a new relationship with my toilet.

In a little more than a week, we have another ultrasound scheduled. It'll be our last appointment with our doctor here. I'm so excited at seeing Sweet Pea again, because there will have been quite a lot of growth. Right now we're the size of a prune, but by 12 weeks, we'll be the size of a plum. I can't wait to see how big Sweet Pea is getting.

0 comments: