Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Slackin'

I've been a slacker at blogging lately. My anti-social mood has continued - should I consider this one of the many emotions of pregnancy?

I'm sitting here at home, listening to kids playing out by the pool and watching our dogs run around and be dogs in the garden. And the image brought a smile to my face. It's amazing how these animals can lift my mood. I was angry at them earlier for destroying some of my shoes, but now, watching them run around and jump in the garden is making me forget about being mad at them.

This week has been busier for me than most - two nights in a row I went out for dinner. One was with my oldest friend - we've known each other since we were 11 - but we had a slight falling out at the time of my wedding (that's a whole 'nother blog). It was nice to catch up with her and find out what's going on in her life. She finally dropped the idiot of a boyfriend and is now seeing someone else - he sounds nice - a lot nicer than her ex.

The next night, hubby and I went out with my best friend and her husband to celebrate her birthday. It was a lovely night with lovely people and I ate, A LOT. I was so full when we got home.

I've been feeling pretty sick lately. I guess it's my kind of 'morning sickness'. No throwing up but lots and lots of nausea. Every evening. Last night I could barely eat dinner I felt so nauseous. Tonight I'm opting for normal chicken noodle soup - and I'm hoping that it goes down better.

Sweet Pea is now over 9 weeks old. Some time I can't believe how quickly the time is going and other times I feel like it's going at a snail's pace. My in-laws said that they're booking their tickets to come to Australia when the baby is born - which I'm glad about. My mother keeps asking me when I can find out the sex of the baby - she's even more impatient than me LOL.

I'm guessing my last appointment for a while will be at the end of March. My Dr has scheduled us in for the end of March because she's going on vacation in April. We're leaving at the end of April, so I guess my next appointment will be when I'm in Australia. It's gonna be hard not seeing Sweet Pea for that long - I might have to cave and go for an appointment somewhere in April before we fly!

I'm worried about putting on too much weight, so I've used fruit this week as a snack between meals. Considering I'm hungry about 15 hours of the day, fruit has been my go-to snack when I'm feeling hungry between meals. It's been helping, but I'm almost starting to get sick of fruit... Time for a new  snack idea!

0 comments: