Today was our doctor's appointment.
I've got to admit, I was nervous. I don't know why, but I was nervous. I had a bad night sleep because I couldn't get to sleep. When I finally did fall asleep, it felt like I'd only had my eyes closed for 5 minutes before the dogs woke me up.
I got up and peed, knowing that it'd be the last time before my appointment. I drank loads of water, wanting my bladder to be full for the abdominal ultrasound. After going through the standard bit - weight, blood pressure, pulse - etc, our Dr called us in.
There was no delay, I was placed on the bed and the cold gel was placed on my belly. The Dr said that my bladder wasn't full - UGH - and she wanted us to wait til my bladder got full - which could take 30 minutes. Hubby had to go to work so we said that it wasn't really possible for us to wait. So out came the transvaginal ultrasound instrument.
When I saw Sweet Pea, I wanted to cry - there was my baby. The Dr exclaimed, "Oh, that's a strong heartbeat we see there!" and seemed genuinely excited for us. She turned on the sound and there it was, whoosh, whoosh, whoosh. Our baby's strong, steady heartbeat. The heartbeat is measuring at 160bpm. I looked at Hubby and he had the BIGGEST grin on his face after hearing the heartbeat.
Sweet Pea was moving around too! I was gushing! Baby is measuring 8 weeks and 2 days (1 day ahead of what I thought I was).
Our Dr asked if I'd had any bleeding or anything and was pleased to hear that I hadn't had any. She booked me in for another appointment at 12 weeks and sent us on our way with a little black & white picture that, no doubt, hubby and I will be staring at for weeks to come.
Without further ado, here are our ultrasound pics. Sorry they're not great - we don't have a scanner so I had to take a picture of the picture!



Monday, March 1, 2010
I already love you
Posted by Chels at 11:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment