Today marks 13 weeks pregnant. Wow. Sometimes I feel like it should be more, and other times I'm in awe... My Dr told me that she considers 13 weeks the second trimester, while some consider 13 weeks and 3 days the second trimester...
We get to see baby again in about 3 weeks and we're praying that baby will reveal if we've got a prince or a princess in there. I'm still convinced it's a girl (and I'm constantly drawn to the girls sections of the baby shops... LOL) and I did spot some gorgeous stuff that I want to buy... I just have to wait a few more weeks... (Don't know if I'll hold out that long!).
I went out over the weekend. It was a very good friend's birthday and seeing as I've been Mrs Anti-Social lately, I figured I should make a HUGE effort to go. I hadn't been sick all week, so I was feeling optimistic. It was an 'All you can eat & drink' type deal, but obviously, I didn't partake in the drinking. I actually didn't even eat that much, so the 'offer' wasn't all that good for me LOL. Another friend of mine who's about to pop (due next Sunday!) was there, so at least I wasn't the only sober one and we talked baby stuff the WHOLE time. Everyone else was getting very drunk around us...
I have to admit, it's strange being the sober one. I used to be a big party girl - I loved clubbing, loved drinking, loved getting dolled up to go dancing with my girls. So, it's really strange to be the sober one now and be around drunk people... And it's weird how things aren't as funny when you're sober, but to drunk people, it's the most hilarious thing ever.
After dinner we went to a club... I wasn't sure about being in a club, but we were all having a good time (although my yawning rate had doubled at this point). I managed to stay until about 1:30am, but then I had to bow out. I couldn't take anymore, and I guess baby was telling me to get my butt to bed. I drove home, with eyes burning and crawled into bed. I'd left hubby at the party (we had a friend in town and I didn't want them to leave because of me). Hubby came home about 4am (they'd stopped to get food, LOL). I wasn't even mad, I just wanted to go back to my peaceful sleep.
My mum hasn't been well and sadly, we've barely spoken. My mum and I generally have a brilliant relationship, but it seems, when it comes to money, that's when we break down. Not to go into the long story, but I lent her money last year when she was in a tight situation. She promised she'd pay me back as soon as she had the money. I didn't worry or stress about it. Hell, I didn't even ask her about it. She recently got some money and sent me an email saying that money would be transferred to me (about other money she owed me). I just nudged her into remembering about the other money... And she went off. And hasn't spoken to me in three days. I don't know why and it upset me a lot. I even made a point in the email to say, "Don't stress about it... It's not important right now, but we have to talk about the X amount as well at a later date".
Then I had my step-dad on the phone, almost critising me about it all. I tried to explain my side of it but I guess he didn't want to hear it. I got upset with him and explained that we'd sold our house and the money from that was supposed to be the money we'd use to set ourselves up in Australia. But I did what a good daughter should do and helped my mother out when she needed it and now it was a slap in the face. He then asked, "But hasn't your mum done a lot for you?" Yes, she has. And I'd have NEVER brought it up but she asked me to loan her the money and said she'd return the money. If she hadn't offered to return the money, then I wouldn't have brought it up.
And her last email said to me, "I'd be better off dead". That upsets me and makes me mad. I just can't deal with some of it anymore. I told Hubby that I'm just gonna write the money off, but part of me feels like that isn't fair on us.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
The Second Trimester
Posted by Chels at 8:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment