So yesterday, we spent over 4 hours in the ER.
I had really bad cramps - it felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife and dragging the knife down. I was really nervous and so was Hubby. The only thing keeping me a little bit calm was the fact that my heartburn was at an all new level of uncomfortable.
We got to the ER and my vital signs were checked. The OBGYN came down and listened to the baby's heartbeat on a doppler... But she didn't say anything. She then said she wanted to do an internal exam so I got ready for that. And boy, did it hurt. This Dr wasn't the most gentle and she's a woman - she should know better!
Again, without saying anything to us, she orders an ultrasound and we're sent to the room to wait. I got a lot more nervous at this point because the Dr hadn't said anything to us or tried to calm our fears. Hubby and I both heard the heartbeat and it sounded good, but we're not experts.
An hour and a half later, we were in the Ultrasound room. The Dr came in and checked baby. I got a bit freaked out because it looked like baby wasn't moving, but then, I saw the kick. I felt so much relief. He checked the heartbeat and it was nice and strong - 164 bpm - and then he checked all my organs to make sure there were no problems there.
Once he'd said that all my organs looked perfect and baby was fine, I asked if there was anyway we could see the sex of the baby. I honestly didn't expect anything, I just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. So Dr says, "Hang on" and moves the ultrasound thingy around.
"Ah," He says, "A penis and a scrotum"
Hubby and I looked at each other in shock! We're having a boy! We were shocked because we were both so sure it was a girl. But we're so happy.
We were sent back to the ER room to speak to the OBGYN again and used the time we were waiting to call my parents and tell them. My brother is ecstatic - he said all along it was a boy. My mum was shocked, but delighted and my Grandma said she's going to start buying up baby clothes.
An hour and a half of waiting to see the OBGYN, she finally called us in and said that they couldn't work out what the cramps were from, but everything was fine. (I don't know why we had to wait to see her to hear that, we already figured it all out).
But, it didn't matter. We're having a boy!
We came home and went through the names we like again... We've got about 5 or 6 that we like but we've got 6 months to determine which name it will be.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
A Trip to the ER
Posted by Chels at 8:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment