Saturday, January 30, 2010

Life changing events

26 January 2010
The day my life changed:

I had an afternoon nap, and when I woke up - something told me to pull out a pregnancy test. I don't know what it was - I'm guessing intuition - but I listened and did as I was told. Slowly, the line started to appear. I didn't believe my eyes. I sat in shock and then ran around the house, using every different type of lighting we had to check if it was really there.

27 January 2010
DH wanted me to test again, so he'd brought home a bunch of pee-sticks. And believe me, I peed on every one of them. Again, on each one, a line slowly started to appear. I could barely contain myself. I called DH and told him they were all positive.

28 January 2010
Again, I got to peeing on sticks. I think, in total, I peed on about 12 or 13 sticks! But this time, I added in a Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test. I really thought I was pushing my luck. I was only 11DPO and really didn't expect the word Pregnant to pop up. I got some juice, came and sat back in front of my computer and wham! There was no denying this sucker!

So, now I'm feeling good. I have had some bad nausea, but no throwing up (Yay!) and I've got my first doctor's appointment on Monday (the 1st of Feb). I'm still pretty irritable, but not nearly as much as I was earlier. 

I went out and stocked up on books - it's my first pregnancy and I'm ready to know everything! Even the gross stuff LOL. Even DH got a good book, that's he's enjoying reading (and he never reads!).


We've told our immediate families and some very close friends, but we both want to wait a bit longer before we made the big announcement. We actually decided that we'll have a BBQ and invite over our friends and tell them then.

I'm so excited about everything - so expect lots of updates. :)

0 comments: